Model Eight boasts hand carved mahogany components that are bleached, then coloured. This is a hybrid construction design and the Derby section of the shoe is made of two sharply cut sections stitched together with a external seam, which adds a clean and elegant detail to the back portion of the shoe.
The wooden components
· Hand carved from mahogany wood. Mahogany is extremely durable and is still regarded by many experts as the finest wood for the production of high-class furniture.
· Wood is legally sourced from sustainable plantations regulated by the Javanese government.
· The wood is treated with a water-based stain used in high-end furniture.
· Its surface is hand coated with a special matte lacquer created for exterior use. This lacquer is water and scratch resistant.
· External upper made mostly from calf leather of exceptional quality, that will age beautifully, with a detail in nylon canvas. Calfskin is a very supple leather with fantastic luxurious feel to it.
· Fully lined in calfskin for extra comfort.
· Wooden components are fixed onto the outer layer of leather, which leaves the rest of the shoe free to move increasing comfort.
|Latin name||Swietenia mahagoni|
|Material||100% Calfskin, 100% Nylon Canvas|
|Lining||Full lining in calfskin|
|Material||Leather and micro|
|Type||Leather sole and micro with a half welt detail in leather|
|Fit & Size|
|Fit||Fits true to UK size.|
|Size||Only available in full sizes. In case you take half size, please choose the nearest larger size (i.e. if your size is 8.5 please take a size 9).|