A classic moccasin construction with a hand-stitched vamp made of hand woven leather. Our signature hand treatment of the leather on the base of the shoe creates a natural gradient effect, made with the use of special paints and brushing techniques.
The wooden components
· Hand carved from mahogany wood. Mahogany is extremely durable and is still regarded by many experts as the finest wood for the production of high-class furniture.
· Wood is legally sourced from sustainable plantations regulated by the Javanese government.
· The wood is treated with a water-based stain used in high-end furniture.
· Its surface is hand coated with a special polyester lacquer created for exterior use. This lacquer is water and scratch resistant.
· The lacquering process is highly specialised and its complexity lays on the application of the finish, which is done all by hand.
· External upper made from 100% calf leather of exceptional quality that will age beautifully. Calfskin is a very supple leather with fantastic luxurious feel to it.
· Fully lined in calfskin for extra comfort.
· This design has three independent parts, which allows much more comfort and flexibility during walking: the main shoe, the tongue and the strap with the mahogany.
|Latin name||Swietenia mahagoni|
|Finishing||Exterior, high-gloss polyester lacquer|
|Lining||Full lining in calfskin|
|Construction||A classic moccasin, with three-part construction on the vamp for maximum comfort|
|Type||Subtle leather plarform|
|Fit & Size|
|Fit||Fits true to size.|
|Size||Only available in full sizes. In case you take half size, please choose the nearest larger size (i.e. if your size is 8.5 please take a size 9).|