Taking craftsmanship and sophistication to the next level, Model Two boasts hand carved mahogany components that are painstakingly hand coated in a sumptuous high gloss lacquer finish. This hybrid construction features hand woven leather, and the Derby section of the shoe is made of a single cut half-closed at the back. This design uses on average 40% extra leather than a regular shoe. The custom-made leather platform was exclusively developed for Diego Vanassibara. It adds an elegant, yet fierce, touch of modernity to the design.
The wooden components
· Hand carved from mahogany wood. Mahogany is extremely durable and is still regarded by many experts as the finest wood for the production of high-class furniture.
· Wood is legally sourced from sustainable plantations regulated by the Javanese government.
· The wood is treated with a water-based stain used in high-end furniture.
· Its surface is hand coated with a special polyester lacquer created for exterior use. This lacquer is water and scratch resistant.
· The lacquering process is highly specialised and its complexity lays on the application of the finish, which is done all by hand.
· External upper made from 100% calf leather of exceptional quality that will age beautifully. Calfskin is a very supple leather with fantastic luxurious feel to it.
· Fully lined in calfskin for extra comfort.
· Wooden components are fixed onto the outer layer of leather, which leaves the rest of the shoe free to move increasing comfort.
|Latin name||Swietenia mahagoni|
|Finishing||Exterior, high-gloss polyester lacquer|
|Lining||Full lining in calfskin|
|Type||Subtle leather plarform|
|Fit & Size|
|Fit||Fits true to UK size.|
|Size||Only available in full sizes. In case you take half size, please choose the nearest larger size (i.e. if your size is 8.5 please take a size 9).|