A modern version of the English brogue that features exquisite hand carved wooden accents. The leather upper is cut following our signature hybrid construction that fuses both Oxford and Derby styles. The rubber sole accentuates the casual look of the shoe. Crisp raw edges and clean design lines add to Model One a contemporary twist.
The wooden components
· Hand carved from New Guinea rosewood. A noble and incredibly hard tropical wood. It is native from the islands of the West Pacific.
· Smooth sanded surface treated with protective oil.
· Each faceplate is meticulously carved by hand to match the natural curvature of the outside and inside of the foot, following the size and shape of the last.
· Wood is legally sourced from sustainable plantations regulated by the Javanese government.
· External upper made from 100% calf leather of exceptional quality that will age beautifully. Calfskin is a very supple leather with fantastic luxurious feel to it.
· Fully lined in calfskin for extra comfort.
· Wooden components are fixed onto the outer layer of leather, which leaves the rest of the shoe free to move increasing comfort.
|Species||New Guinea Rosewood|
|Latin name||Pterocarpus indicus|
|Lining||Full lining in calfskin|
|Material||Double stacked leather and rubber|
|Type||Vibram trekking sole|
|Fit & Size|
|Fit||Fits true to UK size. Model One has a moderately low instep. If your feet have a very high instep, you may consider taking a pair one size bigger than your actual size.|
|Size||Only available in full sizes. In case you take half size, please choose the nearest larger size (i.e. if your size is 8.5 please take a size 9).|